Day One of the Event Welcomed Stars and Filmmakers from Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania,” 20th Century Studios’ “Avatar: The Way of Water,” Lucasfilm’s “The Mandalorian” and Disney and Pixar’s “Elemental,” Among OthersLucasfilm Unveils Title for Upcoming Big-Screen Adventure: “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny”
Download All Available Images Here: https://wdsprod.box.com/s/999zrzuny8oocdf1sxwy8xp8vbe8lacp
Comic Con Experience (CCXP) 2022 kicked off in São Paulo, Brazil, yesterday, showcasing news, highlights and exclusive content from feature films and series from Disney Animation, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios and Marvel Studios. Day one of the event welcomed stars and filmmakers, including Kevin Feige, Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly and Jonathan Majors; Zoe Saldaña and Jon Landau; Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and The Mandalorian himself, Pedro Pascal; and James Mangold, who helms the newly titled feature film “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.”
1. To commemorate The Walt Disney Company’s 100-year anniversary – and the launch of the Disney100 Years of Wonder celebration, Walt Disney Animation Studios—the studio that started it all—helped kick off the show with a special trailer celebrating the legacy of the studio and their latest release, “Strange World.” Featuring the voices of Jake Gyllenhaal, Dennis Quaid, Jaboukie Young-White, Gabrielle Union and Lucy Liu, “Strange World” is in cinemas now.
2. Pixar Animation Studios’ Denise Ream, producer of Disney and Pixar’s “Elemental,” shared an exclusive scene from the film that opens in cinemas on June 16, 2023. Directed by Peter Sohn, “Elemental” is an adventure about an unlikely duo, Ember (voice of Leah Lewis) and Wade (voice of Mamoudou Athie), in a city where fire-, water- land-, and air-residents live together. The fiery young woman and go-with-the-flow guy discover something elemental: How much they actually have in common.
3. The Mandalorian himself, Pedro Pascal, and executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, who joined virtually from set, shared details about the third season of the Disney+ series from Lucasfilm, “The Mandalorian,” which premieres March 1, 2023. In the third season, the Mandalorian and Grogu are reunited and continue their journey through the lawless galaxy.
4. “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” director James Mangold delighted fans with an exclusive teaser trailer launch and title reveal for Lucasfilm’s highly anticipated feature film—the fifth adventure in the iconic franchise. Harrison Ford reprises his role as Indiana Jones in the big-screen adventure that also stars Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Antonio Banderas, John Rhys-Davies, Shaunette Renee Wilson, Thomas Kretschmann, Toby Jones, Boyd Holbrook, Oliver Richters, Ethann Isidore and Mads Mikkelsen. “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” opens in cinemas on June 30, 2023.
5. Zoe Saldaña, who returns to the big screen as Na’vi princess Neytiri, was on hand with producer Jon Landau to share insight about 20th Century Studios’ upcoming film “Avatar: The Way of Water,” directed by James Cameron. Opening on December 16, 2022, the film transports moviegoers back to the wonderful world of Pandora in an action-packed adventure about the Sully family—Jake (Sam Worthington), Neytiri (Saldaña) and their children.
6. Kevin Feige, producer and president of Marvel Studios, invited back to the stage Zoe Saldaña, who reprises her role as Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3." Feige and Saldaña debuted a new trailer for the film that premieres in cinemas May 5, 2023. Directed by James Gunn, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” finds Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), still reeling from the loss of Gamora (Saldaña). He must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.
7. Feige was joined by Paul Rudd (Scott Lang/Ant-Man), Evangeline Lilly (Hope van Dyne/The Wasp), Jonathan Majors (Kang) and director Peyton Reed to talk about Marvel Studios’ "Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania," which hits cinemas Feb. 17, 2023, and also stars Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Douglas and Kathryn Newton. Fans were treated to a special retrospective look at Ant-Man and the Wasp and their roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe—including footage from “Ant-Man,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Ant-Man and The Wasp” and “Avengers: Endgame”—as well as a glimpse of the upcoming film.
DISNEY STUDIOS PUBLICITY UK PRESS CONTACTS
Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios and Marvel:
Charlotte Peters - Charlotte.Peters@disney.com
Gemma Brooks - Gemma.Brooks@disney.com
Naomi Meanwell - Naomi.Meanwell@disney.com
Walt Disney Animation Studios, Walt Disney Studios and Pixar:
Lauren Sizer - Lauren.Sizer@disney.com
Hannah Proudlock - Hannah.Proudlock@disney.com
Rebecca Mader - Rebecca.Mader@disney.com