Soul is nominated for two Golden Globe awards – Best Animated Picture and Best Original Score
Thursday 4th February 2020, London: Directed by Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (Inside Out, Up), co-directed by Kemp Powers (One Night in Miami) and produced by Academy Award nominee Dana Murray, p.g.a. (Pixar short Lou), Disney and Pixar’s critically acclaimed Soul will be available digitally on March 23 and on 4K UHD, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 29.
The digital and physical releases of Soul will include exclusive, never-before-seen deleted scenes and audio commentary by Pete Docter, Kemp Powers and Dana Murray.
Soul is “breathtakingly animated,” (The Times) and “Pixar at its very best” (The Independent) and loved by critics and audiences alike. Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™, add Soul to your Disney and Pixar collection and buy it digitally on March 23 and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 29.
Disney and Pixar’s Soul Bonus Features
• Introduction – Writer Mike Jones and story supervisor Kristen Lester introduce the Soul deleted scenes.
• Mentor Orientation – Joe sneaks into the You Seminar Mentor Program orientation, trying to figure out how on earth he can get back to...Earth.
• Clubhouse Forgery – Joe follows 22 into her "secret lair" as she reluctantly agrees to help him find his way back to Earth.
• Home Lessons – Stuck inside Joe's body, 22 clumsily attempts to help the downstairs neighbor.
• Living the Dream – Joe has a heart-to-heart with 22 about her fear of living on Earth, then tries to make his way back home via a dream portal.
• Press Shot – Joe, stuck in a cat's body, and 22, stuck in Joe's body, take the subway to the jazz club for a publicity photography session.
• Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by director Pete Docter, co-director/writer Kemp Powers and producer Dana Murray.
• Not Your Average Joe – See the thought and care that went into crafting Joe and his story in Pixar's first film to feature a Black leading character.
• Astral Taffy – Get an in-depth look at the artistry and technical innovation that went into creating the sets and characters of Soul's world.
• Pretty Deep for a Cartoon – The filmmakers tackle big questions, such as: Where does a newborn's personality come from? What's the meaning of life? And more!
• Into the Zone: The Music and Sound of Soul – Explore the movie's different sonic worlds and discover how music drives and adds specificity to Joe's journey.
• Soul, Improvised – See how the Pixar Systems team and Soul's crew managed to finish the film on schedule during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Jazz Greats – Giants of the jazz world who consulted on Soul share their passion and hard-won wisdom about what music is and does for us all.
bonus features may vary by retailer and product
Synopsis: Jamie Foxx leads an all-star cast in this hilarious, heart-filled adventure. Disney and Pixar’s Soul introduces Joe, who lands the gig of his life at the best jazz club in town. But one misstep lands Joe in a fantastical place: The Great Before. There, he teams up with soul 22 (Tina Fey), and together they find the answers to some of life’s biggest questions.
Jamie Foxx as the voice of Joe Gardner
Tina Fey as the voice of 22
Phylicia Rashad as the voice of Libba
Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson as the voice of Curley
Angela Bassett as the voice of Dorothea
Daveed Diggs as the voice of Paul
Graham Norton as the voice of Moonwind
Rachel House as the voice of Terry
Alice Braga as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Richard Ayoade as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Wes Studi as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Fortune Feimster as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Zenobia Shroff as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Donnell Rawlings as the voice of Dez
June Squibb as the voice of Gerel
Director: Pete Docter
Co-Director: Kemp Powers
Producer: Dana Murray, p.g.a.
Story and Screenplay by:
Original Score by:
and Atticus Ross
Jazz Compositions and
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital